If this is you – double congratulations! We hope you enjoyed celebrating your graduation and we would love to hear from you if you might be interested in writing a short blog post for us. We have been building up a series of blog posts called “How I got my job”. These are posts from Leeds students and graduates sharing their experiences of securing an internship or graduate job.
We consistently hear from students that one of the things they find most helpful is hearing from fellow students and recent graduates about their experiences and learning points in securing their jobs. We want to make this as easy as possible for students here at Leeds and are always on the lookout for graduates who are interested in sharing their story to help others. It can also be a great way to raise your own profile as well of that of the organisation for which you’ll be working.
Writing a guest post is really easy and won’t take long, all we ask is that you write a post in the region of 500-750 words and try to include the following:
- A bit of information about your job, what it will involve
- How you secured your current role – particularly if this was done through or with the help of more creative approaches such as networking, speculative approach etc
- A bit about any previous experience (or not) that you may have had, whether this was necessary etc
- Any broader reflections on your experiences of finding a job; how easy or difficult you found it, any support or help you accessed, advice you might give current students; whether you would do things differently if doing it again etc.
- If relevant, any advice for students wanting to get into a similar role or industry
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you. You can contact us for more information (with no obligation to write a post) by e-mailing Jess at J.E.Henderson@leeds.ac.uk
You can read the posts from other Leeds students and graduates here