In this discussion video, we asked Denise Edmunds, Employability and Guidance Officer at the Life Long learning Centre, to share her top tips when it comes to putting together a CV as a mature student or graduate. Listen to Denise talk about:
- Deciding what to include on your CV
- The importance of considering your CV from an employer perspective
- Disclosing information
- Your personal profile
- Key skills
- Using bullet points
- Employment history
- Considering language
- Using references
- MyCareer – book appointments with careers consultants, search for vacancies and find employability events.
- VMock – gives you feedback specific to your CV.
- Mature students employability resource pack – Find resources to watch, read, listen to. From tips on LinkedIn and advice on CVs/ applications, to job hunting sites and wellbeing support. This is a tailored Sway you can dip in and out of to help with your employability needs.
- Life Long learning Centre Podcasts